Flow down Requirements for Suppliers
As a Supplier to FL Technics Engine Services (FLTES), you agree to comply with the additional terms and conditions listed below with respect to any product or services provided to FLTES if any such product or service relates to any aviation, project or if any request for quote, purchase order or similar document issued by FLTES contains any reference to the EN9100 standards. The terms and conditions listed below are in addition to and are deemed to be an integral part of FLTES’s standard terms and conditions of purchase.
1. Calibration System
- All Inspection Measuring & Test Equipment used by the Supplier during in-process and final inspection to make a compliance evaluation shall be calibrated to the relevant ISO/IEC 17025:2018 standard.
2. Special Processes
- Supplier shall provide certifications for all special processes and non-destructive test results performed with each shipment. The certificate shall identify the processor, process used, controlling specification & revision, and the results of test or measurement performed. Supplier used shall be an FLTES and/or customer approved source for said processes. These include operations subject to process controls such as: coating, joining, heat treating, cleaning, non-destructive test, etc. The supplier shall be approved as per above to perform specific required special processes or use special process vendors acceptable to FLTES and FLTES’s customer.
3. Workmanship Quality.
- Manufactured product shall be free from burrs, and sharp edges.
4. Control of Drawings & Specifications
- The Supplier shall ensure that the drawings and specification are the relevant revision status specified on the Purchase Order. The Supplier shall comply with any special requirements requested by FLTES regarding the control of drawings and specification compliance.
5. Limited Shelf Life Items
- Materials with limited shelf life (epoxy, paint, adhesives, etc.) shall indicate the date of manufacture, lot number and applicable specification on the container. The Supplier shall supply life limited product with at least 75% of the life remaining.
6. Material Substitution
- Unauthorized material substitutions are not permitted without FLTES written consent.
7. Reporting Discrepancies
- Discrepancies, omissions, and the need for clarifications or interpretations of any nature encountered by supplier in respect of furnished drawings or engineering data will be brought to the attention of FLTES for resolution.
8. Quality/Inspection System
- Supplier shall maintain a quality/inspection system that will ensure all goods and services conform to contract requirements whether manufactured or processed by supplier or procured from sub-tier suppliers.
9. Changes in process, product or location
- Supplier shall notify FLTES of intended or actual changes that may affect the quality of delivered goods and services. This includes changes to the Quality Management System, the processing line, facility location, processes, or natural disasters. Quality data and/or approved design data to be available in the English language.
10. Release documentation
- Supplier’s acceptance of FLTES’s purchase order certifies that the materials and processes supplied under the purchase order shall be or have been controlled and inspected in accordance with FLTES’s purchase order and they meet the specified order requirements, referenced specifications and drawings.
- Suppliers shall:
- Provide separate release documentation (e.g. Certificate of Conformity (CoC), EASA Form 1, FAA 8130-3) with each delivery.
- Ensure that the release documentation:
- Is written in English or in a language specified by the customer,
- Refers to a single purchase order / schedule,
- Refers to a single part number
- Is legible and protected from damage/ deterioration
- For CoC only it must contain the following information as a minimum:
- Unique traceable document reference number
- Suppliers’ name, address and telephone number
- Delivery address
- Purchase order number (including purchase order item number)
- Date of dispatch
- Conformance / compliance statement
NOTE: Typical compliance statement: “Certified that the whole of supplies hereon have been inspected / tested and unless otherwise stated, conform in all respects to specification, drawing and purchase order requirements”.
- Export Classification of the product under the External providers’ national jurisdiction
- Details of any export authorization applicable to the product including any conditions or restrictions relating to the use, re-export or re-transfer of the product and its associated technology
- Provide additional information (when applicable):
- Airworthiness directives or service bulletins
- Classification of product
- Hazardous substances / safety data sheet (safety data sheet to be provided)
- Shelf life (cure date, batch, group) – no mixed cure dates / batches
- Provide an authorized release certificate if applicable and requested.
NOTE: Retained documented information of release documentation held electronically shall contain all of the information shown on the original document and a traceable reference to the person authorized to release the product to customer.
11. Counterfeit Parts
- The Supplier shall certify that only new and authentic materials are used in products or goods delivered to FLTES and that the products/goods delivered contain no Counterfeit Parts.
12. Right of Access
- FLTES, its customers, and regulatory authorities shall be granted the right of access to all Supplier and sub-tier supplier facilities and records involved in fulfilling the Purchase Order requirements to ensure conformance with the requirements.
13. Foreign Object Debris/Damage
- Supplier is required to establish and maintain a foreign object debris/damage (FOD) prevention program that employs appropriate housekeeping practices to assure timely detection and removal of residue/debris generated, during operations and normal daily tasks.
14. Record Retention
- Supplier shall maintain records of inspections, tests, and process controls called for by this contract. Unless specified elsewhere in contractor attachments, these documents shall be on file, stored and protected in such a manner that they remain legible, readily identifiable, and readily available to FLTES for no less than 3 years.
15. Supplier Corrective Action
- Supplier shall, on request, provide statements of corrective action on nonconformities or failures of supplier’s goods or services.
16 Letter of Disclosure
- When a non-conformance is determined to exist or is suspected to exist on goods and/or services provided to FLTES under this contract, supplier shall provide written post-delivery notification letter or letter of disclosure.
17. Nonconforming products and materials
- Supplier shall obtain FLTES’s prior written approval with respect to the disposition of any nonconforming products or materials supplied, that does not meet engineering drawing or documents under contract or Purchase Order. If nonconforming materials are present, and the materials are deemed acceptable or useable by the supplier, it is still the responsibility of the Supplier to inform FLTES so that a determination can be made for the use of said materials.
18. Packaging and Handling
- As a minimum, the Supplier shall package all material in a manner that will ensure protection against corrosion, oxidation, deterioration and physical damage during shipment. Electrostatic sensitive product shall be pack in an ESD protective bag. In addition, when materials delivered are lot-controlled and multiple material lots are shipped, each lot shall be separately packaged and identified.
19. Flow down to sub-tier suppliers
- Suppliers shall flow-down to sub-tier suppliers the applicable requirements as required by the purchase order either specifically or by reference.
- Suppliers shall hold all information received from FLTES in confidence and no third-party request for information will be authorized unless approved, in writing, by FLTES.
21. Right of Access
- FLTES, its aerospace customers and competent authorities have the right of access to all facilities involved in processing of FLTES orders and all applicable documents and records. FLTES, its aerospace customers, and aerospace customer’s representative and competent authorities intend to perform verification activities at supplier’s premises when warranted and to assure product and services conform to specified requirements. Advance notification will be provided. This requirement must flow down to all levels down the supply chain.